Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plan Enrollment 2017
Finally! Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plan Enrollment has begun and enrollment dates for 2017/2018 are: October 15th, 2017 – December 7th, 2017.
If is the difference between “Traditional” Medicare and Medicare Advantage policies? These plans are designed to offer coverage that traditional Medicare does not. There are advertisements on television, mailers, internet, radio, in addition to workshops informing you of all the options. Because there is so much information, making a decision can seem overwhelming.
Researching the various options available on trusted sites will provide information and assist you in this decision making process. Below are two links to the Medicare.gov website.
Items to be considered when choosing a plan
- What Medicare Advantage plans does my doctor accept? Contact your doctors and specialists office for this information.
- Ask – will the money I spend monthly on premiums be worth the coverage I receive? Compare premium cost to what the insurance actually covers.
- Does the Medicare Advantage plan cover all my prescriptions? Either the plan representative or your pharmacist can assist you.
- What type of wellness benefits are covered at 100%? Annual screenings, flu shots for instance may be available at no cost to you.
- Are there hearing or hearing aid benefits available? Some plans offer hearing aids benefits.
Finally, do your research. Read about the various insurance companies and plans they offered as they are not all the same. Determine if traditional Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan will give the most for your insurance dollars. Lastly, make the best decision for your healthcare needs in 2017/2018 during this Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plan Enrollment.
MTENT accepts the following Medicare & Medicare Advantage plans:
|AARP-Medicare Complete||Railroad Medicare|
|BCBS Blue Advantage||Secure Plus|
|Humana Medicare PPO||United Healthcare Dual Complete|
|Medicare Part B||Wellcare|
Please contact our office or visit our web site for a complete list of Insurance Plans accepted by MTENT. http://midtnent.com/accepted-insurance/
Middle Tennessee Ear, Nose & Throat – Billing Department
615-848-9265 ext 142